It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

NullPointer when running the reservation component example.

Kevin Kingsbury (611310) | asked Feb 06 '09, 9:18 p.m.
I am trying to run through the reservation component example as explained here.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProcessEnabledReservationsWalkthrough

I have gone through the component development setup steps and downloaded and imported the reservation component source code.

Now I am trying to create the repository database using the included "Create Respository Database" launch. When running this, I get the following NullPointerException.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.TestDbRebuild.testRebuildAll(TestDbRebuild.java:41)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:164)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:130)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:120)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:230)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:225)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:230)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:225)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:58)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.CoreTestApplication.run(CoreTestApplication.java:24)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethod(EclipseAppContainer.java:572)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:171)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)

This appears to be happening because the following line is returning a null value.

IDatabaseCreationService service = TeamServiceRegistry.INSTANCE.getService(IDatabaseCreationService.class);

Is there something that I did wrong in my setup to cause this? What can I look at to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Kingsbury (611310) | answered Feb 07 '09, 8:59 a.m.
Okay. I think I figured it out. In looking at some other threads in "Extending Team Concert" forum, it appear that the development period for 1.0.1 has ended and the license is no longer valid.

To get past this, I needed to import the com.ibm.team.rtc.server.license.standard-trial plugin from the
jazz/server/license-update-site/plugins directory to my workspace and then it was automatically added to my launch configuration. From there, the database creation was successful.

Here is the thread that helped me figure this out.

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2916

Thanks a bunch
Kevin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.