It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to save the Project Area

Mastanaiah Mannem (3912) | asked Sep 23 '13, 9:24 a.m.
edited Sep 23 '13, 11:56 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
I don't have permission to create Work space and change the configuration setting on Project area. We should have JazzAdmin access to perform those operations. Please suggest me how can I get JazzAdmin access on JazzHub.

Comments
Mastanaiah Mannem commented Sep 23 '13, 9:53 a.m.

Without having JazzAdmin repository permissions it is not possible to create Workspace and changing the permissions and roles to the users.

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Sep 24 '13, 7:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mastan,

JazzHub users do not have JazzAdmin permission.  You should be able to create a repository workspace.  What error are you getting when you try to create a repository workspace?

It is currently not possible to change the roles of team members in JazzHub.  You can invite others to join your team through the web interface.  So we can continue to improve JazzHub, is there a reason you need different roles?

permanent link
Mastanaiah Mannem (3912) | answered Sep 24 '13, 10:12 a.m.

Thanks Lauren for reply. Actually I want to perform some source control activities and one more thing when I tried to create a project area from eclipse client with jazzHub scrum template but I am getting permission denied error when I click on finish.

Error is below:

Permission denied.
User "mastangoud20" does not have the required permission to perform the following operation: create a project area in the repository. The "JazzProjectAdmins" repository permission is required to perform this operation.

Can you please suggest on this how to create project areas from eclipse client.

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Sep 24 '13, 10:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mastan,

Projects need to be created using the web interface.

You do have the ability to create a repository workspace and utilize source control.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.