It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Build Forge - Selectors and Server- Reboot

Garapalli ShyamChandar (123) | asked Aug 07 '12, 9:16 a.m.
 Hello EveryOne

Problem Statement :  Is there any way to execute same step in several selectors in one step only.

For Eg: I have step name "Calling reboot script" and i want to execute the same step nearly on 40 servers.

without creating 40 steps is there any way to selects all the 40 servers in the same step called Calling reboot script.

Thanks in Advance 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Aug 07 '12, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Check out the Broadcast feature for the step.  A step with broadcast enabled will run on ALL matching servers for the selector given.

~Spencer
Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Garapalli ShyamChandar commented Aug 07 '12, 9:11 p.m.

Thanks Spencer. I have tried that way but it was through the error "No server could be found matching all conditions" Let me give you some more information

I have created a selector names "Shyam-Tesiting" and it contains two server in the Shyam-Tesing Selector with the Standard and BF_NAME variables.

Spencer Murata commented Aug 08 '12, 8:53 a.m.

No server matching means that your selector is too specific and none of your servers match the criteria. What criteria are you matching against?

Garapalli ShyamChandar commented Aug 08 '12, 8:59 a.m.

Hello Spencer , i have checked the server connectivity using the TestConnection feature in BF it is working fine....

Spencer Murata commented Aug 08 '12, 9:08 a.m.

Its not a problem of connectivity, its a matter of the selector being too specific in deciding what server to run on. If you want the selector to select all 40 servers, it needs to select something that they have in common. BF_NAME is only good for the one server. You need to select against a Collector variable that you define for the server pool, or something like those servers who have Tomcat installed or whatever server you are looking to reboot.

Garapalli ShyamChandar commented Aug 08 '12, 9:03 p.m.

I will try this today Thanks Again Spencer

2 other answers

permanent link
Garapalli ShyamChandar (123) | answered Aug 08 '12, 10:04 p.m.
  Present Setup- Screen Shots

Comments
Garapalli ShyamChandar commented Aug 08 '12, 10:05 p.m. | edited Aug 08 '12, 10:08 p.m.

Still the Same getting the same error pls help me out in this...

Spencer Murata commented Aug 09 '12, 8:13 a.m.

I can't read anything on that image. What are you selecting against?

Garapalli ShyamChandar commented Aug 09 '12, 9:46 p.m.

Spencer if you do not mind can i have your mail id i will send you the screen shot pls.. my mail id : shyamchander01@gmail.com Waiting for your response...

Garapalli ShyamChandar commented Aug 12 '12, 2:55 a.m.

Spencer if you do not mind can i have your mail id i will send you the screen shot pls.. my mail id : shyamchander01@gmail.com Waiting for your response...

permanent link
Garapalli ShyamChandar (123) | answered Aug 12 '12, 2:55 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.