It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to import entry and exit criteria into an RQM test plan using the RQMExcelImporter?

David Hanslip (23124448) | asked Sep 09 '13, 12:15 a.m.
edited Sep 09 '13, 3:50 a.m.

Hi. We have hundreds of test plan entry and exit criteria and would prefer not to have to enter them manually.

Is it possible to import test plan entry and exit criteria to RQM using the RQMExcelImporter?

It isn't clear from the documentation at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter.

If it is possible, in the config file

1. How do you specify the test plan to which the criteria should be added?
  2. What should the line describing the cells containing the criteria look like?
  3. testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.entryCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-TITLE"=E."RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-DESCRIPTION")=F?

Thanks and regards.

Comments
Thomas Suedbroecker commented Sep 09 '13, 4:36 a.m. | edited Sep 09 '13, 4:40 a.m.

Good. Now, with the your changed text it is more clear,
you mean import to RQM and not export from RQM.

The API answer from my answer is still valid, so the api should work https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi.

It seams you are right. So does it not work? Why are you asking?

Maybe you have to remove "-DESCRIPTION" from  "RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-DESCRIPTION" in your text.

David Hanslip commented Sep 09 '13, 7:18 a.m.

Thanks Thomas. My question relates to using the RQMExcelImporter to do this. As you have noted, I have also noted that that the API provides for it.

Thomas Suedbroecker commented Sep 09 '13, 11:43 a.m. | edited Sep 09 '13, 12:00 p.m.

David I understand and I asked, if does it not work try to remove "-DESCRIPTION" and use "-TITLE" for your string.

This is from a excel upload sample:

"testplan.dc:title=C1
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planBusinessObjectives","RQM-KEY-TP-BUSS-OBJ-TITLE")=C2
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.entryCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-TITLE")=C3
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.exitCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-EXIT-CRITERIA-TITLE")=C4"

testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.entryCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-TITLE"=E."RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-DESCRIPTION")=F <- NOT DESCRIPTION pls use TITLE.

3 answers

permanent link
David Hanslip (23124448) | answered Sep 10 '13, 10:12 p.m.

Further research has indicated that Quality Criteria are added to the Project Area, not the individual test plan.

Therefore, unless the Quality Criteria are pre-defined (which mine aren't) RQMExcelImporter is of no use here.

permanent link
Thomas Suedbroecker (29335) | answered Sep 09 '13, 3:24 a.m.
edited Sep 09 '13, 3:25 a.m.
Hello David.

this is very simple: the excel importer is not for RQM excel export.

If you want to export content from RQM the question is
a) it for reporting or
b) do you want to use excel a an exchange asset continuously ?

1) Simply for reporting:

You can print the test plan in a pdf, find an viewlet in the dashboard or define a RRDI report you can also define to export content into excel.

2) Exchange Data:
Here you can use the RQM API:

a) How to getting started with the RQM REST-API?

Michael Freeman (Lender Processing Services) did a great job in customizing RQM with the REST-API and provides an open Simple Sample Implementation of a GUI based usage of this REST API, based on different programming languages.

He did a session at the IBM Innovate 2013 in Orlando (Session QM 1845)
Take advantage from that knowledge here:

http://www.advancedrft.com/2013/06/03/ibm-innovate-2013-qm-1845 

b) Complementary approach (sample-based) of RQM REST APIs

Made by Stéphane Leroy a complementary approach (sample-based) of RQM REST APIs (plus OSLC) could be found here:

http://sleroyblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/querying-rqm-40-through-oslc-and-rest-api/

I hope this helps and regards

Thomas

Comments
David Hanslip commented Sep 09 '13, 3:44 a.m.

Sorry Thomas, my question can't have been clear.

I want to import Entry and Exit criteria into an RQM test plan from an Excel spreadsheet.

David Hanslip commented Sep 09 '13, 11:45 p.m.

Hi Thomas.
Please let me rephrase my question. My task is to get 500 or so entry and exit criteria into an existing test plan. The entry and exit criteria are rows in an Excel spreadsheet. For testing purposes I have a spreadsheet called “entry criteria for import.xls” containing 31 rows, each an entry criterion.
My problem is that the readme document for the RQMExcelImporter is written for a level of REST and XML knowledge that I just don't have.
In my config file I currently have:
testplan.dc:title="Intranet Refresh - Drop 1 - Master Test Plan"
testplan.Section.XLSStartRow=1
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planEntryCriteria","RQM-KEY-TP-ENTRY-CRITERIA-TITLE")=E
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planEntryCriteria","RQM-KEY-TP-ENTRY-CRITERIA-DESCRIPTION")=F
If I Export to File I get 31 separate files. In RQM if I invoke Import Test Plans and select one of the files, I get a new test plan with a new section called “RQM-KEY-TP-ENTRY-CRITERIA-TITLE” and contents cell E1 of the spreadsheet.

permanent link
archana kurup (2026972) | answered Nov 10 '13, 9:52 p.m.
Thomas Suedbroecker :Sir,in the code you have mentioned above what is the meaning of  this line

:"Testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.process.web.entryCriteria","RQM-KEY-PROC-ENTRY-CRITERIA-

TITLE")=C3"
This would not add the data in C3 to Entry Criteria..I have seen some extra attributes in Entry Criteria field..Please tell

me how it will work?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.