It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error 404: ProxyServlet: /rm/web

Najmudheen Km (155) | asked Sep 01 '13, 9:24 p.m.
Hi,
I am getting above error message while opening links for Rational Requirements Composer.
After migration from VMware VC 3.5 to Vmware5.0, RRC stops working, but RTC and HP-ALM are working fine without any issue. There was only IP address change and VMware tool upgrade in the OS side. Could you please advise.

Thanks
Najmu

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Sep 01 '13, 10:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think we'll need a lot more information to be able to investigate this. 404 is the code for "Not Found". It would probably be best to contact IBM Support so that we can request all the necessary information to determine what happened following the IP address change.

Najmudheen Km commented Sep 01 '13, 10:32 p.m. | edited Sep 02 '13, 11:44 a.m.

I am very new to RRC, What would be the basic troubleshooting steps on this?
Thanks
Najmu

Stef van Dijk commented Sep 02 '13, 11:45 a.m. | edited Sep 02 '13, 11:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Again, I would recommend contacting IBM Support. They will have the expertise and tools to guide you more directly through problem determination much better than can be done through a forum posting.

One answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Sep 02 '13, 2:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Najmudheen,

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_404. This error 404 seems to indicate your RRC links are broken. I agree with Stef that you submit a PMR to engage Support. I suggest you include the following information in the PMR:

- Whether this happens to all the links in RRC or just some. If some, how are they different than the working ones

- Try to reproduce the error and look in rm.log and jts.log to see if any corresponding errors (note the date/time of problem reproduction as well). The default location of these logs is [JazzTeamServer]/server/logs/ directory.

- If you hover over the link (before clicking on it), do you see the same URL as the one being opened (and error out)?

- Confirm that the URL that results in the error is pointing to the right server

- Check in the jts/admin > diagnostics page (

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.