It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I see all changes in an RRC artifact over a period of time in a single view?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Aug 29 '13, 4:29 p.m.
RRC 4.0.2

We've got a lengthy artifact that's seen a lot of small edits over the past six months.

It would be nice to have a view of the artifact that shows all of the changes over that time. I'm thinking of the mediawiki approach that allows me to select the start and finish edits (or alternatively in RRC, "Baselines") before highlighting all changes between those two points in time.

Instead, if I've understood correctly, we need to open the artifact history view and open hundreds of versions of it one at a time, potentially scrolling through the whole thing to find where 'teh' was changed to 'the' before moving on to repeat the process for the next edit.

Is there currently a better way? Is there an existing enhancement request I can jump on?

One answer

permanent link
My-An Nguyen (2963) | answered Aug 30 '13, 11:44 a.m.
This is probably not much consolation, but instead of having to "open hundreds of versions of it one at a time", there is a link to "Expand all" in the Audit History tab. From there, you can use the browser to search for instances of "teh".

There is also the Audit History report (go to Reports > Audit History > select the artifact, etc), but that only gives you a general view of changes with a nice table of contents for each timestamp. It won't say specifically that you changed "teh" to "the", but it will say on that a certain date, you changed the value of the text and then you can click on the link to open that revision. Probably not what you want.

As for enhancement requests, there are a few:
Filtering of audit history list (by predefined time periods) (34511)
Allow custom date filtering for audit history list (34513)
query or filter on audit history changes (34515)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.