It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a RRC project from RequisitePro Baseline

anoop mc (74811199221) | asked Oct 05 '14, 6:59 a.m.
Hi,

We have a new requirement from the project for creating a new RRC project from RequisitePro Baseline.

The team followed the below URL to create a Reqpro baseline. The option for baseline was chosen as Project.

the file which is sent is in the form of a .ZIP format. RRC version 4.0.6 (distributed topology) Do we need to have a Eclipse Client for performing this import.

Can someone guide with the necessary steps for performing this import operation.

3 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811199221) | answered Oct 05 '14, 7:57 a.m.
 Navigating to the rm web I could find the option for importing the reqpro projects.

import_reqpro_projects

Comments
Erica Tran commented Oct 06 '14, 8:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here is the link to the info center with additional info on importing a RequisitePro baseline.

Migrating Rational RequisitePro projects to the RM application

permanent link
anoop mc (74811199221) | answered Oct 10 '14, 10:01 a.m.
 Dear Team,

when I initiated an import I could see this getting stuck after some successful import.

reqpro_err

Comments
anoop mc commented Oct 10 '14, 10:01 a.m. | edited Oct 10 '14, 10:02 a.m.

it gave an error message saying Server is taking too much time to respond.

Look like it is stuck .... dont know what to do from here

permanent link
anoop mc (74811199221) | answered Oct 11 '14, 9:37 a.m.
 The below is the error which I got during importing.

reqpro_migration

Comments
anoop mc commented Oct 11 '14, 9:40 a.m.

After this I waited for an hour and look like it entered to a hung state and have to cancel.

When checked in the Reqpro I could find the project created and may be not all the artifacts might have imported. 

I have read in an article that once imported we should not be reimporting the same project. So I left as it is .. Is there a way we can reimport or overite the existing project. 

Erica Tran commented Oct 13 '14, 10:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Anoop,

I would recommend checking the rm.log file to see if it gives any additional information on the failure.  There is not way to re-import over an existing project.  You will need to archive the project created from the failed attempt, before importing again.  If you continue to see errors, I suggest creating a PMR to investigate the problem. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.