It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import word document to RQM

archana kurup (2026872) | asked Aug 22 '13, 4:50 a.m.
How to import a word document to RQM 3.0.1?

4 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 22 '13, 4:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi archana,

Comments
archana kurup commented Aug 28 '13, 12:07 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 10:48 a.m.

Hao Wan :I tried to download the ADD IN Installation by taking All downloads->Import excel/Word...But It's showing:

"We were unable to validate your contact information as required by U.S. Export regulations.

This happens sometimes in our automated process. We'll check it again manually within the next 24 hours and send an email prompting you to download again.

Sorry for the inconvenience"

The problem is not yet solved even though the 2 days are over...What to do next?

Hao Wan commented Aug 28 '13, 1:36 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 10:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I just tried to download 4.0.4 RC1 and I met no problem, so I think it maybe not a server problem or would you have a try again and if you still met the problem you could refer to the download tip.

archana kurup commented Sep 24 '13, 3:38 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 10:49 a.m.

hi,i have downloaded RQM word/Excel importer and now am getting RQM respository.But i stuck on there..how to create cfg files?

archana kurup commented Sep 24 '13, 3:44 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 10:51 a.m.

In RQM export to respository,it was asking for Password in the RQM Respository field...How do i know which is the password of this?

archana kurup commented Sep 24 '13, 3:45 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 10:52 a.m.

What is the difference between RQM Export to file and RQM Export to Respository?

Rajat Singh commented Sep 24 '13, 4:00 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 10:52 a.m.

•Export to File: Export the document(s) as XML files on the local file system

•Export to Repository: Export the document(s) onto the RQM repository, creating corresponding test artifacts on the RQM side

Regarding the password, its the same password that you use to login to RQM web UI.
Make sure you have write permissions to create test cases and scripts.

Best Regards
Rajat

Ara Masrof commented Sep 24 '13, 8:31 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 10:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Archana,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the dialog box in which you have entered the information to connect to the RQM server?

The user you are specifying should be a member of the project area and have the associated Read/Write permissions. It also needs to have the appropriate QM license assigned to it

archana kurup commented Sep 25 '13, 12:26 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '13, 10:54 a.m.

Ara Masrof  :The screen shot you can see in the Export To Respository window in the following link https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 22 '13, 9:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Archana
Once you've installed the Excel/Word import tool, it will install a 'Samples' folder containing both configuration files (.cfg) and the corresponding Word documents. You can use these samples as a basis for the data you would like to import

permanent link
Allisa Chasity (11) | answered Sep 24 '13, 9:18 a.m.
You can install an add-in that works with Microsoft Word or Excel to export test data for use with the Quality Management application.

permanent link
archana kurup (2026872) | answered Sep 28 '13, 12:06 a.m.
edited Oct 04 '13, 12:21 a.m.
Hao Wan:
                  hi,i tried using export to repository in the word.When i click on EXPORT button after choosing the cfg file(samples/multiple testscript in Tables.cfg) from the sample folder,it was showing 1 error and 1 warning
2 error:Index was out of range.Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
              Parameter name:Index
Warning:Exporting completed,but no artifacts
Can anyone please tell me why it's showing errors and warnings?
In the Export to Respository window when i browse it will only shows the cfg files not the word file...is it right?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.