It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2083E: Cannot connect to the report server.

Silvia Mesturino (1162429) | asked Aug 21 '13, 11:10 a.m.
I have ALMOST completed running the wizard but yesterday I ran into error CRRRA3018E and was not able to complete. Today I investigated a bit on jazz.net and came to the conclusion that I have not set up my rptuser correctly on linux to access the RIDW data base. But now if I try to reran the setup I always land in this error, although I tried to stop and restart the setup server. I do not know how to attach the rrdi_setup.log !!
I need to know: 1) how to add the log 2) how to make sure that rptuser is working 3) how to get connection to the server again.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 21 '13, 11:40 a.m.
edited Aug 21 '13, 11:46 a.m.
Hello Silvia,

I don't think you can attach files to the forum. You'll probably need to upload it somewhere and post the link.

For CRRRA3018E, can you check if the report server is running?
If that is the case I would suggest to try to access the RRDI web UI and test the data source connection from there.

Launch > IBM Cognos Administration > Configuration > Data Source Connections > RIDW, and then Actions > Test.

For reference you can see the manual instructions from the old CLM 3.0.1 info center on how to manually configure the data source connection to RIDW:
Configuring the data source connection for the data warehouse

Best Regards
Francesco
Silvia Mesturino selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Silvia Mesturino commented Aug 22 '13, 7:47 a.m.

Francesco, sei forte !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.