It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How is "Affects Plan Item" For Defects Determined?

James Paulus (20622135) | asked Aug 05 '13, 2:05 p.m.
retagged Aug 08 '13, 4:44 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
 I'm just curious how the "Affects Plan Item" for a defect is determined?   Is it based on all of the defects that have ever been linked to that Test Case?    

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Paquette (371219) | answered Jun 05 '15, 4:29 p.m.

Little late to the show, but this question was related to mine so I might as well answer.

It seems "Affects Plan Item" link is created on a defect whenever a work item is in the Development Items section of a test case, and a defect is created as part of a test result of that test case.  Development Items can be linked in one of two ways - directly by adding the work item from the section in the test case in QM, or by creating a 'Tested By Test Case' link in RTC - this is different than creating a 'Related Test Case' link in RTC.

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Aug 08 '13, 12:07 p.m.
Hi,

Are you referring to the "Affects Plan Item" when linking work items to plans in the web client?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_linking_work_items_to_plan_items_web.html

What context do you want to know about "Affects Plan Item" for defects?

Cheers,
Will

Comments
James Paulus commented Sep 04 '13, 10:11 a.m.

Will, what I'm wondering is that when viewing  a defect the "Affects Plan Item" can list several other defects.    What causes those defects to be placed there?    This was not done manually and instead done by RQM in some way.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.