It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are thousands of Test Case Results archived during the upgrade from RQM 3.0.1 to RQM 4.0.3?

Paul Spalitta (8143037) | asked Jun 13 '13, 5:30 p.m.
I notice that out of ~12K test case results 4,406 were archived by ADMIN during the upgrade from RQM 3.0.1 to RQM 4.0.3. Why is that happening?

2 answers

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Jun 17 '13, 6:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paul,
Are you seeing any log messages regarding the results being archived? Can you share more information?
Was this a fresh 301 install being upgraded to 4.0.3 or were you on 2.x earlier?

Thanks,
Deepa

Comments
Paul Spalitta commented Jun 17 '13, 1:51 p.m. | edited Jun 17 '13, 2:11 p.m.

Hi Deepa,

I don't see any logs indicating what happened. is there a particular log file I should look in?

We installed straight to RQM 3.0.1. We were running at version 3.0.1.0. I recreated the production environment in a test environment and upgraded to RQM 4.0.3 in that environment.

Thanks,

Paul

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Jun 18 '13, 4:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paul,
How did you come to know that these results were archived? Since you mentioned the problem occurred during upgrade, you would need to look into the migration logs.
These would be found under your <rqm installation folder>/server/repotools-qm_addTables.log if "where qm is your context. Incase you have a different name for the context, the filename would have that context in it."

Thanks,
Deepa

Comments
Paul Spalitta commented Jun 18 '13, 9:52 a.m.

Hi Deepa,

I know the results are archived because I see them in the Trash feature. The Trash List View can be filtered by date and time. The archive date/time of the 4,406 archived results in question is the date/time of the upgrade. So I conclude that those 4,406 results are getting archived during the upgrade.

I conducted the upgrades from RQM 3.0.1 to RQM 4.0.3 in a test environment. I observed this occurrence after two upgrades from RQM 3.0.1 to RQM 4.0.3 using the same database. Each time, 4,406 results appear to be getting archived during the upgrade.

Thanks,

Paul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.