It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC: Moving artefacts up and down in a module

Cédric Mabileau (3847) | asked Jul 25 '13, 3:52 a.m.

Hello,

i created a module, i can create new artefacts and place them where i want in the module but how can i move them if i didn't put them in the right place when i created them ?

I can cut and paste the artefact but is there a better way to move them ?

Thank you in advance for your response,

Best regards,

Cédric Mabileau

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered Jul 25 '13, 4:43 a.m.
If you have access to the DNG rich client then you can use drag and drop to restructure your module.
In the web client I believe cut&paste is the only mechanism available today, but we are currently working on drag and drop in the web client too.
Cédric Mabileau selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Cédric Mabileau commented Jul 25 '13, 6:28 a.m.

Thank you for your quick answer.

I know that the doors and DNG licenses are the same (so a doors licence give access to doors or DNG + RRC). But does a CLM (or RRC) licence give access to the "rich" client DNG ?

Best regards,

Cédric Mabileau.

Brian Vander Mey commented Jul 25 '13, 10:19 a.m.

ETA on drag & drop in RRC web client?

Kirk Grotjohn commented Jul 30 '13, 4:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here's the plan item for drag/drop within modules in the web client:
72514: Ability to rearrange artifacts in a module using drag and drop in the web client

One other answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jul 25 '13, 3:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RE: License question

From this article: Using Rational DOORS Next Generation and Rational Requirements Composer  page 22 you will see this

Product licenses
Analyst and Contributor license keys from both Rational DOORS NG and Rational Requirements Composer can be loaded into the same Jazz Team Server and will work with the same RM application. Users of either Rational DOORS NG or Rational Requirements Composer licenses can access the same RM repository, use the same RM web UI, and access the same project data, for example: shared enterprise requirements. If you have an entitlement to Rational DOORS (and thus Rational DOORS NG), you can use the optional Rational DOORS NG rich client.

So to access the Rich Client you will need a DOORS Next Generation License, but you can see all the same content via the web client using either a CLM or RRC license.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.