It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to auto-run a query?

Andrada Roman (201014) | asked Jul 24 '13, 8:00 a.m.
Hello

Is it possible to auto-run a defined query, for example every day at 12AM and maybe save the result somewhere?

Thanks a lot!
Andrada

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 24 '13, 8:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you would have to come up with some kind of automation to do that. This would be a starting point: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/using-work-item-queris-for-automation/

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '13, 8:11 a.m.

Another option would be to run a web test tool such as Rational Functional Tester that does the clicking and saving and provides a file name for an export.

Andrada Roman commented Jul 24 '13, 10:36 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your answer. Do you have some documentation regarding the 2nd response?

Thank you!
Andrada

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '13, 10:59 a.m.

No, I don't. That would be the regular Rational Functional Tester documentation or the documentation for other such tools.

Please be aware you need a license forĀ  Rational Functional Tester.

With Rational Functional Tester, you would simply record a test script and maybe spice it up with providing some enhancement to provide a unique name for the export file.

I have worked with Functional Tester in the past and I know it has been used from a command line. This should be the information you need for calling it in a batch job: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtnlhelp/v6r0m0/topic/com.rational.test.ft.help/RobotJCommandLine.htm

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jul 24 '13, 8:45 a.m.
You may record an automated script using Rational Functional Tester and schedule it to run every day at 12 AM.

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Andrada Roman commented Jul 24 '13, 10:37 a.m.

Hi Rajat

Thank you for the answer. Do you have an example of this type of script?

Best Regards
Andrada

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.