It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create automatically defects when an automated test case fails

Ana Lopez-Mancisidor (25648967) | asked Jul 23 '13, 5:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I would like to create automatically a defect in RTC when any of the test cases included in an automated test suite fails (I would like to create an individual defect per failed test case).

I understand that failing a test case does not always means that a defect should be created (the failure may be because the test case is not correctly executed, or the data is not correct, etc...) but this way I have an automated way to create WIs to developers/testers, so they can review the defect, review the test case execution record and take the appropriate action (solve the defect, close it....).

Do you know any way to configure the adapter (I am using the HP QTP adapter) to do this? Any other workaround to implement this feature?

Many thanks,

Ana

One answer

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Jul 24 '13, 2:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ana,

At the moment this is not supported. There is an enhancement in the backlog Automated Defect Logging (optional and configurable) (3222). You could try enhancing the adapter and use the REST APIs to create the defect automatically.

Thanks and regards,
Deepa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.