It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0 Extension Workshop license problem

silencehill wu (5022632) | asked Jul 20 '13, 7:33 a.m.

I hava install as IBM Rtional Team Concert 4.0 Extenibility.

And upload RTC_Developer_Trial_fix.zip to fix license problem.

And I all download 4.0 version files to follow workshop document to avoid versin conflict.

But still error!!

Two RTC license exists in server.  One is active, one is expired.But it seems the actived license is not available. ADMIN user can not get free license.

after upload license and fix zip file

below is ADMIN available license, free license is not available

user ADMIN can not get free license

below is tomcat server console error when ADMIN login tomcat server using eclipse client.

Detail please see attachment!

Please tell me how can I assign free license to ADMIN user.  I have try some weeks to try, but always fail, please help me!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 22 '13, 4:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't understand the original license problem and I have a hard time interpreting your screen shots, so I am not sure I can provide a valuable answer. I think it would be best to explain the original license problem.

The workshop, as described, is designed to use the 10 Free Developer key. This license, when uploaded, is supposed to replace the one that is assigned to the ADMIN user. I think I see the 10 free license being available in the first screenshot.

If you use a different license type, you might have to assign the user the new license. I was only able to use the Eclipse UI when I wrote the workshop, because the standard ADMIN user is typically disabled. It did not show up in the Web UI, if I remember correctly. Can you try using the Eclipse UI?
Stephanie Bagot selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.