It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I config the report data collection job running intervals?

Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | asked Jul 09 '13, 10:26 a.m.
The default report data collection job runs everyday on 0:00. I can config the start time in jts/admin report page. Can I config the intervals for running? For instance every 12 hours auto run the job?
Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Jul 09 '13, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jia,
It is not recommended (see discussion above) but you can do it by setting the "task delay"
Sandy
Jia Jia Li selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jia Jia Li commented Jul 11 '13, 9:48 a.m.

Hi, Sandy, in other thread as Francesco mentioned, some one said "The data warehouse collection jobs should never be run more than once a day. Actually in recent CLm releases, the option has been removed from the UI". But you mean the "task delay" can still work, right?

2 other answers

permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Jul 09 '13, 10:41 a.m.
Hi,
If you go to "data warehouse connection" on the left hand side (from the jts/admin, reports page) near to the bottom is a "task delay" parameter set to 86400 - which is 24 hours in seconds. I haven't tried but I expect changing this value will change the job run interval.
Ali

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 09 '13, 10:57 a.m.
Hello Jia Jia Li,

the data collection jobs are not supposed to be run more than once a day.

This thread contains more detailed information on the reasons and the impact this might have:
Is anyone running the Data Collection job more frequently that once per day without performance issues?

Best Regards
Francesco

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.