It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Role inheritance from master (parent) Project Area to child Project Area

Alex Lindley (13146) | asked Jul 09 '13, 10:21 a.m.

I am using RTC 4.0.1 and I have a master (parent) project area which has its process configuration inherited by a large number of child project areas.

The master project area has a number of different roles defined eg..

workflow_browse

workflow_edit

workflow_edit_2

administrators_1

administrators_2

The problem I have is that I do not want all roles to be inherited by the child project areas, I would like the 'administrator' roles to only be visible within the master project area. So when users of child project areas are adding roles to their members they do not see the administrator roles in their list of "roles to add".

This sounds like it should be simple to do but I couldn't find a way so any advice would be great!

Thanks..

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 09 '13, 11:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You have the ability to restrict which configurations are inherited, or can be overwritten, by child project areas, but this is not the same for roles. Whatever exists in the Master will exist in the Child as well. I would recommend opening up an Enhancement request for this feature.

Comments
Alex Lindley commented Jul 10 '13, 8:38 a.m.

Thanks for your reply, I have raised Enhancement 272271

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.