It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create categories in JazzHub?

Leons Petrazickis (1568) | asked Jul 05 '13, 2:56 p.m.
The category field is not useful as long as there is no way to define custom categories. Oddly, it's also one of the few mandatory fields.

Is there a way to define additional categories?

3 answers

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Jul 05 '13, 3:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no option to define custom categories using JazzHub currently but it is high on our radar. 

Could you share your ideas how would you use categories and would be good categories examples?

Comments
Leons Petrazickis commented Jul 05 '13, 3:46 p.m. | edited Jul 05 '13, 3:46 p.m.

Thanks for the update! I created a project for managing the images my team delivers on IBM SmartCloud Enterprise. The tasks are shared among the images, so it makes sense to have a single project. My thought was to use categories to split the tickets by the image product.

Fariz Saracevic commented Jul 05 '13, 5:47 p.m. | edited Jul 29 '13, 8:42 a.m.

Yes, it makes sense to use categories. 

Until we have option to customize categories, I suggest to use tags instead. This would allow you to validate your values for tags -> categories and later on, you could use multi-select work item option to move items to specific category. 

permanent link
Anthony Crain (1612) | answered Sep 11 '13, 11:56 a.m.
I was able to modify the categories in my Jazz Hub Projects.

This is strange as my role is Team Member. It looks like I shouldn't have been able to do that?  But I did.

However I am not able to modify my timelines! I can't change the default dates, the names or add additional iterations. I am looking at the permissions and no one is able to change the iteration structure? Or save the Project Area or modify the structure of iterations...  Yet we need to do these things.  Am I missing something?

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented Sep 11 '13, 12:15 p.m.

Hi Anthony,

You should be able to create and modify categories via JazzHub UI. JazzHub Category

In order to modify timelines, you need to be project owner. I guess you have not created project in question, right?

Anthony Kesterton commented Sep 11 '13, 12:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The create/modify categories is on the main page of the project (when you select the project in My Projects).  Not sure if you can get to it if you are not the project owner.

Anthony Crain commented Sep 11 '13, 1:29 p.m.

You have to be the project owner. But yes, once you get to it, you are good to go! Categories and Iteration start/end/names.

permanent link
Anthony Crain (1612) | answered Sep 11 '13, 12:31 p.m.
I can not tell what screen you are on that shows you that symbol above.

I created them in the admin area:

Meanwhile, I did not, but the person that did can't do it either.
He can't modify the timelines, make me a PO or TL, or give himself the Admin role.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.