It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are good practices for managing older requirements artifacts and folders?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Jul 05 '13, 2:14 p.m.
Our teams have found folders helpful for organizing requirements.
We've been doing a lot of work within a single Project Area and now there's some clutter occurring.

The content in some folders has been "back-burnered" for a while.

The specific goal that brought me here today is that I'd like to find clean ways to prevent those artifacts from showing up in "Views".

The broader question is how are people managing requirements artifacts that they're not ready to delete outright, but don't want to 'see' for a while?

Scenario:
One folder tree has a number of folders holding Use Cases. I'd like to create a view that shows them all.
'Filter By Folder' doesn't let me choose recursive folders under the parent.
'Filter by Type' shows me everything in the project area, including the back burner artifacts.

My first thought was to 'Archive' the back-burner stuff, but that concept isn't built into RRC.
Then I thought maybe the new "Teams" features could help, but that's about write permissions, not visibility.

Any tips, pointers anyone?

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jul 05 '13, 9:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could tag the artifacts (ie, "hide") and then filter out artifacts with that tag.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.