It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I insert links to documents contained in sharepoint site /LAN folder into RRC

Sree Polina (111) | asked Jul 05 '13, 5:10 a.m.

IMy project is making changes to about 2000 outputs, and all of these outputs are in a folder in sharepoint site.

Combination of few outputs forma aset and there are some low level requireemnts that apply to each set.

I have created a system artefact in RRC for each set, I would now like to link the actual outputs on my sharepoint site to this artefact as uploading 2000 outputs onto rational is not an option for me.

Can you please let me know how best to achieve this without having to upload all the outputs onto Rational

Many Thanks

Sree

One answer

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (2213) | answered Jul 11 '13, 5:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sree, I am not sure I understand your question, but if you want to link to a local file, you should map the shared folder to a drive and use the file protocol.  So in RRC, open an artifact, and create a Link -> Link to web and use use the file protocol.  E.g. file:///z:/myfile.txt.

However recently there are some problems like this When editing a link, dialog message indicates that URL may be wrong when it clearly is not (70137) that you should take in account.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.