It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while importing process template in RTC - Error importing template: Process specification references iteration 'ImplementationPhase', which does not exist.

Ashok Karuppiah (535) | asked Jul 04 '13, 2:01 a.m.
 We have exported process template from RTC 4.0.2 from one environment, and trying to import it into another RTC 4.0.2 environment. The import does not succeed and throws the below error. Can anyone let me know how to go about this error -
Error importing template: Process specification references iteration 'ImplementationPhase', which does not exist.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Jul 04 '13, 2:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ashok,

Based on the error message, I assume you were importing a 'Work item template'. If it is work item template, the error could be because you have an iteration attribute in the original work item (where you created the template from) assigned with the "ImplementationPhase" iteration which exists in the source project area, but not in this target project area. You can try to search for 'ImplementationPhase' in the template file (and maybe replace it with a valid iteration that exists in the target project area). Alternatively, you can update the iteration value in the original work item to a more generic value and extract the template again.

If this is not 'work item template', please search for the value 'ImplementationPhase' in your template file and paste the section that references it here. If the file is not too long, you can also paste the whole content here.
Ashok Karuppiah selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ashok Karuppiah commented Jul 05 '13, 10:31 a.m.

Hi Kot, thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Can you please detail on 'finding a valid iteration in the target project area'.  This is a new template that is going to be added in the destination environment. Thus, there are no project areas in the destination environment, based on it.

Kot T. commented Jul 18 '13, 2:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ashok,
I am not sure I understand the question, but instead of export/import 'work item' template, you may want to look into creating a work item template in your source project area (to be used as a 'project' template), extract the project template (which will also include the work item template) and use this project template to create project in your destination environment. There are a few links below that you may find useful.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.workitem.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_creating_work_item_template.html

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505291

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.workitem.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_importing_template.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.