It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC requirement table view show empty of 'Validated By' coloum

Feng Hong (241814) | asked Jul 02 '13, 2:30 a.m.
There is a project created in RRC 4.0.2 using "Traditional Requirements Template". In our project, we need to manage requirements from two documents: ARS (A Requirement Specification) and BRS (B Requirement Specification).
The requirements are put into two collections in RRC: 'ARS Project A' and 'BRS Project A'.

The requirements in ARS is to satisfy the requirements in BRS, as show in following tables:

I created the links "Validated by" from RQM test cases to BRS requirements.
Scenario:--
1. After creating the links between RQM test cases and BRS requirements, go to ARS collection and change the column to show:
·         ID
·         Name
·         Link To
·         Satisfied By
·         Validated By
2. In the table view, the 'Validated By' column is empty!
3. If go to BRS collection view, the column 'Validated By' can displays all test cases linked accordingly.

Question:
Is this the expected behavior in RRC even we have added the link "Link To" and "Satisfied By" between the requirements in ARS and BRS?
Any suggestion to manage the relationships between ARS and BRS in this scenario?
Any workaround to displays all test cases linked on 'Validated By'  on ARS?

Any help on answering there will be much appreciated!

One answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 02 '13, 8:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,

This sounds like expected behavior from RRC to me. When you create a link between two artifacts, there are no links to other artifacts which are inferred because of that relationship. In other words, just because you have a "Satisfied By" relationship between ARS and BRS does not mean that any relationship between BRS and another artifact will be transitively applied to ARS. 

i.e.) if ARS --> BRS, and BRS --> TC1, does not mean ARS --> TC1 (unless you explicitly create this traceable link).

If you want a view which contains all of the information from ARS, BRS and your RQM test cases, I would focus on the BRS collection and add columns for "Validated By" (points to RQM test cases) and "Satisfies"/"Satisfied By" (points to ARS artifacts).

Hope this helps!

Mike Jaworski

Comments
Feng Hong commented Jul 03 '13, 8:03 p.m.

Thank you so much for your help! Mike!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.