It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC and Microsoft Project import issues

Naweed Jaulim (632732) | asked Jun 25 '13, 11:01 a.m.

All,

I am having an issue when I try to import a microsoft project plan in RTC(version 4.0.2). It comes up with a pop page while selecting the XML project plan file and keeps on "Verifying file" status.

I am accessing my RTC application through a proxy URL and as a test I try doing the same operation on the RTC server directly using a the localhost URL and it seems towork as expected. Not sure why it is not working with the proxy URL which most of my end users will be using.

Any pointers to resolving this would be much appreciated? or any additional configs needed?

Thanks,

Naweed

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 25 '13, 11:56 a.m.

Hi Naweed,
Could you try running Firebug and see if there are any errors in net tab?

Naweed Jaulim commented Jun 25 '13, 12:20 p.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Here is the error message I get in  the reponse net tab. I have modified the actual names of the server and the plan.

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 26 '13, 8:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Naweed,
1 - please ensure you follow the proper instructions - https://jazz.net/library/article/1150
(assuming you are)

2 - as the import "fails" when using the proxy only - we may suspect a network issue

3 - trace the import service:
- edit <server>/conf/ccm/log4j.properties
- add the line : log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.tpt.internal.service.ImpexService=DEBUG
at the bottom of the file
- save your changes
- stop the server
- rotate the ccm log : rename ccm.log to ccm.log.old
- start the server
- attempt to reproduce the issue
- collect the new ccm.log
--> attach it here of send it to me via email
- disable the trace

Thanks
Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.