It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I associate an RRC attribute with a timeline iteration?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Jun 24 '13, 8:32 a.m.
Hello,

I am working with RRC 4.0.0.1 and I see that I can define a project timeline and iterations as with RTC and RQM.  Once I have created a timeline, how can I associate my artifacts to the interations?  Is this possible?  What data type would I need to use?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Andrew

Comments
Jared Burns commented Jun 26 '13, 2:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you clarify what you want to accomplish by associating an RRC artifact with an iteration?

Andrew Trobec commented Jun 26 '13, 2:55 p.m.

@jburns

Hello Jared,

For a high level analysis it would be good to be able to capture the release that a requirement is initially attributed to.

Regards,

Andrew

3 answers

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 26 '13, 1:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Andrew, 

I've been playing around with this in 4.0.3 and I'm not sure it is possible. I won't say that it's definitely not possible, but I also didn't want to just leave you hanging waiting for an answer. You could probably achieve something similar through OSLC traceable links, e.g. create a work item in CCM and use the "Affected By", "Implemented By", or "Tracked By" link types in RRC.

Mike Jaworski

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Jun 26 '13, 2:56 p.m.

Thanks Mike, I'll look into it. 

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (2213) | answered Jun 26 '13, 2:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think by definition you would use RRC for requirements management and RTC (CCM) to handle the implementation (how and when...) so you can have a work item in CCM and have it assigned to an specific iteration (you define the duration, start date, end date of it).  That way you might associate a requirement to a wi (through a CLM link "Implemented by") which will be handed into an iteration/timeline.

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Jun 26 '13, 2:57 p.m.

This would work in successive phases, yes.   I was hoping to be able to have a high level release estimated during the initial phases of requirement analysis.  Since RTC and RQM were equipped with the timelines, I was wondering if this would be possible for RRC as well

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered Mar 21 '14, 6:37 a.m.
Release Collection is the collection of Requirements. Say collection of Requirements for a particular release (Iteration). But there is no direct linkage between the Timelines & Iterations & the Release Collection.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.