It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Assigning permission and roles to users

Milind Gholap (2621) | asked Dec 22 '08, 10:25 a.m.
Hi All,

I am configuring the "Quality Manager" project from RTC. In which 5 users are created and assigned the roles to every team mamber, but one default role is getting assigned automatically which we can't remove :(

The default role is having most of the permissions which we can modify from "Process Configuration" tab.

Let's see the scenario and problem.
1. I am creating a formal review process as follows for a test case.
2. "testmanager" should only the person eligible to modify the review process and "tester" can only read the reviewer and approver.
4. So I am removing the this permission from everyones(default) permission list and assigning to only "testmanager"
5. when I tried to add new approver as a "testmanager" user, I am not able to do it. It's read only for me also.

So, Is everyone(default) permission are overriding the individual permissions?.

pleae guide me.
Is anybody having administrative guide for this?

Regards,
Milind

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Dec 31 '08, 5:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

If any of the roles assigned to your user have permission to perform an operation, that user should be able to perform the operation. So, if your user has the testmanager role assigned and the testmanager role has permission to perform the review modification, your user should be able to perform the review modification.

What roles does your user have assigned? What operation have you configured to allow your user to perform the modification?

Martha
Jazz Developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.