It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Manual script: unable to use SouGou Pinyin input tool to enter Chinese in steps

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Jun 20 '13, 12:10 a.m.
SouGou Chinese Pinyin input tool(free download from here: http://www.onlinedown.net/soft/49946.htm) is the most popular Chinese input tool in China currently and many users use it as a default tool for Chinese input.
The users have found that in RQM4.0.1, it is no problem to enter Chinese characters using this tool on the manual script's title only. When going to steps or expected result fields, the language bar will disappear and all inputs will be English character(Pinyin: English characters and the tools will change Pinyin to Chinese characters).
If using Microsoft Pinyin Inputs, no problem but it is not used by the most users.

The same happens to 4.0.2 as well but there is no problem in 3.0.1 as I tested.
I don't think RQM would have tested different language input tools before release. My question is:

Who will be responsible for such issue? Sougou Pinyin input tool or RQM?
Can anyone please advise so that we can see if we need to escalate. Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Jun 20 '13, 8:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The steps and expected result fields are using the CKEditor.  QM does not control the input method so the issue is probably within the CKEditor or SouGou.  Did a quick search and found a confirmed bug in CKEditor with Japanese IME.  I would think the issue is not limited to Japanese.  This is the link to the ticket - http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/9332
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 20 '13, 9:28 p.m.

Thanks Paul for the explanation and info.
One quick question is that in the future version of RQM, we may use newer version of CKEditor which could fix the issue, is that right?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.