It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission Issue

Karen Steele (1.2k2137146) | asked Aug 25 '17, 10:30 a.m.

Why does not user not have the ability to delete a test asset even though he has a role and permission that is set with the Delete capability turned on .. in call cases the view does not display the drop down menu allowing the user to delete

One answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Aug 28 '17, 10:50 a.m.

Karen,

not sure which version of RQM you are using but I just confirmed with RQM 6.0.4 ifix01 that the only time e.g. the "Delete" entry for test cases goes away for my user is if I take away the delete permission for each of the roles that user has.
So if the user definitely has a role which has the delete permission for the artifact in question and after a fresh browser start the menu still does not display delete, if this is true for other users and on all browser types this would point to a RQM product defect. In that case please open a defect on jazz.net
Feel free to share more details as to RQM version or specific artifact type affected by this.

- Arne

Comments
Karen Steele commented Aug 28 '17, 2:59 p.m.

the RQM instance in question is 6.0.1 with ifix 10 applied.  I have a custom role specifically for deletion - the only permissions its has is "delete" in every category in the permission listing (e.g. all artifact types)

Ulf Arne Bister commented Aug 29 '17, 4:04 a.m.

Totally best practice the way you do it.
If it does not work, you could check if this pertains to several artifact types, if it fails to work in several different project areas and also for different users. But I assume you have done that so it sounds like a legitimate defect against RQM 6.0.1 ifix10 which I suggest to raise via jazz.net

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.