It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a Test Plan - get error message 'Test phase name NOT specified!!!'.

Christina Mattoon (3611210) | asked Jun 19 '13, 5:53 p.m.
edited Jun 19 '13, 5:55 p.m.
I've created a Test Plan and have included a summary, a schedule, a bit of enviornment info and have linked a collection.  I've not yet linked any test cases.  Does anyone know what that error message, which shows up in bright red at the top and bottom of the test plan, mean? It won't let me save the test plan!  :-(

3 answers

permanent link
Christina Mattoon (3611210) | answered Jun 25 '13, 3:32 p.m.
yes, most annoying.  I found out that if I save the Test Plan almost immediately upon initial creation (enter the title) that this issue does not happen.....I hope!  I am SO looking forward to RQM 4.0.3!!!

permanent link
Stuart Jewell (16915) | answered Dec 17 '14, 10:54 a.m.
We have 4.0.3 and we still get this message.  It seems to occur when I added the "Test Schedule" section to my plan.  Any reason why this error would occur...or do I just need to wait and it will go away?

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Dec 18 '14, 6:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There was no fix for Unable to save test plan due to error "test phase name was not specified" if the page has been opened for a long duration (77801) delivered in RQM 4.0.3.  See comment 9 for the developer's summary of the root cause.  If this problem persists, please open a RQM PMR.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.