It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

is there a way to reduce number of times private key needs to be supplied on push all?

ian green (17814) | asked Jun 18 '13, 4:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
when i push changes (in this case to my openshift repo) i have to supply the ssh private key of that repo.  this makes sense but it's a bit awkward and needs to be repeated often (well, maybe that's a bit artificial since I'm only playing).

is there a way to streamline this?

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jun 19 '13, 6:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ian,
Can you clarify the steps you're taking?  Are you using JazzHub to edit code?  Is your openshift repo a github repo?

ian green commented Jun 19 '13, 7:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Lauren,
Using jazzhub to edit code.  Pushing that code to my openshift repo, from where i can deploy to openshift cloud and run the application.

When I push code to my openshift git repository, jazzhub prompts me for my ssh private key.  My question is whether I'm using jazzhub efficiently -- repeatedly supplying my key is a bit clumsy.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jun 19 '13, 7:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the info Ian.  I don't know of a way to bypass inputting your ssh private key every time.  I'll submit an enhancement request.
ian green selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
ian green commented Jun 19 '13, 8:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Lauren - I wasn't expecting an enhancement - only wanted to check that I wasn't missing something. Thanks.

One other answer

permanent link
Simon Kaegi (111) | answered Jun 19 '13, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ian,

1) Go to "Tools >> Settings >> Git Settings"
2) Under "Git Credentials Storage" tick the "enable storage" checkbox and  press "Update"

With that option set, the next time you perform a Git operation that requires authentication there will be a "Don't prompt me again" checkbox to save your credentials.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.