It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can any one help me how to add Object Heading number to existing Object text in DXL Scripting?

Yashwanth Kumar (11111) | asked Jun 13 '13, 1:31 a.m.
Eg. please consider a below scenario.

The document consists of Object heading and Object text, Object text consists of Object heading upto heading level3(1.1.1). I want to add further heading level(1.1.1.1) for Object text in DOORS through DXL scripting.

can anyone help me out please.

Regards,
Yashwanth

2 answers

permanent link
Vatsala Ramachandran (12314) | answered Jun 13 '13, 2:47 a.m.
@yashukumar, Hi

This is DXL specific question and there are high chances of getting an answer for this in the dxl forum

Also, there are many existing scripts added there, which may already answer your question, so you can check those before asking

permanent link
George Siampos (6) | answered Jun 13 '13, 9:35 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '13, 9:37 a.m.
 @yashukumar, hello

If I understand the question, you'd like to display the "object number" for objects that contain only object text values below level 3.  Please note, every object in a DOORS formal module contains both "object heading" and "object text" attributes.  Every object also has an "object number".  The "object number" is displayed in the "main" column for any object that has a value for "object heading".  This display logic for the "main" column cannot be manipulated through DXL.  It is possible to create a column that appears like the "main" column but users cannot use it to edit objects and it would not print.

You may be able to get what you want by simply displaying a column with the "object number" property.  Otherwise you may want to insert a Layout DXL column with the following:

int i = level obj
string s = number obj
Regexp isTxtObj = regexp "0-"
if (i > 3) {
if(isTxtObj s) {
s = s[0:start 0 - 1] s[end 0 +1:]
}
}

display s

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.