It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting access to RTC Dashboard visibility

Naweed Jaulim (632732) | asked Jun 06 '13, 8:45 a.m.
retagged Jun 19 '13, 2:39 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)

Hi,

Is there any way to restrict RTC dashboard visibility to the Jazz Admin group only? I am using RTC 4.0.2

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Naweed

Accepted answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 07 '13, 10:11 a.m.
As far as I know, this is not possible today. It would probably need a different Dashboard template to support this. You may want to open an enhancement request.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement
Naweed Jaulim selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Jun 06 '13, 8:48 a.m.
Hello Naweed,
You can restrict dashboard or project visibility only for certain members, not Jazz groups.

Comments
Naweed Jaulim commented Jun 07 '13, 6:00 a.m.

Hi,

To be more specific. I have got several team areas under 1 Project.

So team members belonging to Team area A for example will see only for Dashboard Team A and Team B their own one only.

However I want to create a top level one or perhaps a different tab where I can restrict access to all team members but only administrators would be able to see the details.

permanent link
Naweed Jaulim (632732) | answered Jun 07 '13, 11:26 a.m.

Thanks Indradri.

I have set up an admin team area as a workaround for now. This prevents Team Area members to view information related to other teams.

Comments
VK L commented Jun 19 '13, 3:09 a.m.

Hi Naweed,

Is it possible to restrict the visibility of the team area dashboard itself? Currently, oher team area users still can go into the dashboard - even though items are not visible. The problem is that, if we insert a static content like a Birt/Insight report widget, it will still be visible.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Naweed Jaulim commented Jun 19 '13, 4:19 a.m.

Hello there,

Yes, other team area users can still go in the dashboard. The way I have handled widget security is to customise the queries in each team area to return data just for the team. However I have kept it very minimal and using Insight for more advanced reporting.

Hope this helps.

Naweed

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.