It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting access to RTC Dashboard visibility

Naweed Jaulim (632732) | asked Jun 06 '13, 8:45 a.m.
retagged Jun 19 '13, 2:39 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)

Hi,

Is there any way to restrict RTC dashboard visibility to the Jazz Admin group only? I am using RTC 4.0.2

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Naweed

Accepted answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 07 '13, 10:11 a.m.
As far as I know, this is not possible today. It would probably need a different Dashboard template to support this. You may want to open an enhancement request.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement
Naweed Jaulim selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k35198) | answered Jun 06 '13, 8:48 a.m.
Hello Naweed,
You can restrict dashboard or project visibility only for certain members, not Jazz groups.

Comments
Naweed Jaulim commented Jun 07 '13, 6:00 a.m.

Hi,

To be more specific. I have got several team areas under 1 Project.

So team members belonging to Team area A for example will see only for Dashboard Team A and Team B their own one only.

However I want to create a top level one or perhaps a different tab where I can restrict access to all team members but only administrators would be able to see the details.

permanent link
Naweed Jaulim (632732) | answered Jun 07 '13, 11:26 a.m.

Thanks Indradri.

I have set up an admin team area as a workaround for now. This prevents Team Area members to view information related to other teams.

Comments
VK L commented Jun 19 '13, 3:09 a.m.

Hi Naweed,

Is it possible to restrict the visibility of the team area dashboard itself? Currently, oher team area users still can go into the dashboard - even though items are not visible. The problem is that, if we insert a static content like a Birt/Insight report widget, it will still be visible.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Naweed Jaulim commented Jun 19 '13, 4:19 a.m.

Hello there,

Yes, other team area users can still go in the dashboard. The way I have handled widget security is to customise the queries in each team area to return data just for the team. However I have kept it very minimal and using Insight for more advanced reporting.

Hope this helps.

Naweed

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.