It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Information not available" in query parameters when add widget

Hui Bin Shi (28179) | asked Oct 18 '12, 12:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 19 '12, 2:52 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646)
Scenario:
 Add a widget(e.g Release Burndown)to dashboard,  set the "project", "report" and then configure "Query".
The question is, in query parameters like "Team Area", there's "Information not available".  Want to know what is probably the cause of this.

Another question is: there're only two items listed in parameter "Team Area". But at the bottom of the parameter window, it shows "N of 3 selected".

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Oct 19 '12, 3:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From my experience, missing parameters in those widgets are typically configuration errors and/or mssing datain the data warehouse.

For the Burndown charts, you have to make sure you have teams, categories to file against, and you have to have stories actually filed against a team. Given that and running a data collection job, you should see team areas that you can select.

I can't say what the issue with your setup is, but I am pretty sure that the setup and data is lacking some information. The result is there is no data that can be selected for any team area, hence the Information not available. I have seen it in the past and it was always a configuration error or the data warehouse jobs did not run.

Please note, if you change the data you would have to run the collection jobs for the data warehouse manually or you have to wait until they are scheduled at night.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Oct 19 '12, 10:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

'Info Not available' is the value that the Insight Team chose to mean "Unassigned".

So if you want to report on work items that are not assigned to any team area, choose that value.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.