It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I share .class files within one project's sub-folder, but ignore all others?

Aamir Shipton (1312) | asked May 30 '13, 8:03 a.m.
edited May 30 '13, 8:03 a.m.
I am using Eclipse (Version: Indigo Service Release 1, Build id: 20110916-0149) with RTC 4.
I have a component containing two Eclipse projects (ProjectA and ProjectB) that I have loaded and imported.
Each has .class files in sub-directories of my choosing, which I want ignored (as is the default setting).
However ProjectB has one sub-directory in which all .class files need to be under source control.

I have tried a number of modifications to .jazzignore file(s) to no avail.
How can I do this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 30 '13, 11:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/30262/how-to-check-in-class-files-in-rtc

That question looks like the exact issue you're having and has been answered.
Aamir Shipton selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Aamir Shipton commented May 30 '13, 11:32 a.m.

Thanks for the response. The answer in that link tells me how to get RTC to stop ignoring all the .class files in the project but doesn't allow to choose only one folder where they are not ignored.
The suggestion is to remove the rule, but I want to modify it, in a complex way, rather than remove it.

Tim Mok commented May 30 '13, 11:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You'll have to further customize the .jazzignore file. By default, it's a global, recursive ignore on .class files. You have to remove that ignore rule and implement a *.class ignore where you want them ignored.

Aamir Shipton commented May 31 '13, 4:46 a.m.

So I'd have to create a new .jazzignore file with the *.class clause in every child directory of the project root folder? (Except the one folder in which I want to use source control on the .class files, of course.)
Is that right?

Tim Mok commented May 31 '13, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes. You can follow the instructions in the other forum post to remove the global ignore. Then ignore the .class files where you don't want them to be shared as you would normally with any file that is to be ignored.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.