It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

export RQM test steps to excel without using the TER run-offline option

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked May 22 '13, 3:40 p.m.
In v4.0.x, I understand I can export test scripts view to csv where the script names are exported.  However, I also want to export the scripts (e.g. the script steps of each script) to Excel.  Is there a way to do this without having to going into the TER and specify run-offline to get the rqms and then use RQM excel importer to import each script into Excel and save them as CSV.

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered May 23 '13, 8:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Gary,
One possible option would be to capture the XML of the Test Script then convert it to xls or csv format; this would require some level of parsing
You can using the REST API to return the Test Script data, for example:
GET
https://clm401:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/LPA+project+1+%28Quality+Management%29/testscript/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testscript:34

In this case my Public URI is "clm401:9443"
My QM Project is : LPA+project+1+%28Quality+Management%29
My Script ID is 34

You can use Poster (or any other HTTP client) to trigger the request. 

REST API reference https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

Comments
Gary Dang commented May 23 '13, 10:52 a.m.

thanks Ara.  So, it seems that we have to write some program to use OSLC API to loop thru the scripts and get the steps.  I was hoping I missed an important OOTB v4x  feature that allows me to do this within the tool.  Do you know if there is an existing Jazz RFE for this? 

Ara Masrof commented May 23 '13, 11:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Gary,

I found a similar RFE in terms of Test Cast details (the link is below) but not one specific to Test Scripts

I would encourage you to enter an RFE that focuses on Test Scripts and the ability to export the individual steps

Also, there may be some other folks you who will chime in with alternative methods to accomplish this

Ara 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.