It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need help in generating a backlog report

Trilok Chand (3133) | asked May 22 '13, 8:04 a.m.
Is there any default report in RTC shared reports where I can get the backlog report of my PMRs... If that is not available can anyone help me in generating such report. I want to generate a backlog report on monthly basis...

January's backlog  -  10
February's Backlog - 20
March's backlog      - 15

something like this...
If there is no direct way to fetch the above output, i have the usecase where i want to convert into query

here is my use case..
1) Fetch all the PMRs from January
2) Check the PMR creation date and Iteration
3) If Creation date is same as the Iteration, then that PMR is not  a backlog PMR...else... the PMR is the backlog PMR.
For Ex: If the PMR Creation Date is January and that particular PMR's Current Iteration is April-2013... Then this is the backlog PMR for Feb, March, April...  add this PMR to all the 3 months...
4) If PMR creation date is less than Jan 2013, then add this backlog to Jan, feb, etc... till this PMR is closed...

Or please suggest if anyone has some better suggestion...

Thanks,
Trilok

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered May 22 '13, 11:25 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Trilok,
I am not sure if you are speaking of IBM Support PMRs, work items or an internal deployment of RTC, but I have tried my best to reply below:
IBM Support Problem Management Records (PMRs) are not stored within RTC work items on jazz.net. The Defect and Enhancement work items on jazz.net in most cases, do not correlate to a PMR.
To generate a report on PMRs filed with IBM Support, you must login to ibm.com and through the Service Request (SR) tool, and run the report.

If you have been opening work items on jazz.net and resolving your issues through the work items, you can run a work items query for workitems "Created by" (you or the user who opens the work items), but there is no out of box report for what you are looking for on jazz.net.

Lastly if by PMR, you mean your internal tracking for problem tickets (and not those with IBM Support) is using an internal deployment of RTC, this type of report is not available OOB. In fact, a report would not be able to decide if A occurs, then do B (example: If PMR creation date is less than Jan 2013, then add this backlog). This would need to be done through the API, or using a custom tool to fetch the data from the DB and move the work items to the backlog etc. Accessing the DB through this manner to change the fields automatically is risky, and going the API route would be the best option - although it may require more user work than the 'automatic' conversion listed above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.