It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC process diagram can't be viewed but can be edited

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked May 21 '13, 3:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I wonder if anyone has seen this problem before, and found a fix. 

RRC 4.0.1, on FF and IE clients

RRC is unable to display any diagram, but you are able to edit the diagram and it renders correctly.  This problem first occurred when a diagram was being edited, then it seemed to flip back to view mode (out of edit mode without anyone doing a Done/Save or Cancel.  From then on, viewing a diagram has the message "Content loading..." but eventually times out.  Editing a diagram does give an error message CRRW8010E but continues to load and can be edited correctly.

I found a problem in 3.x indicating a problem in the code that renders diagrams, but not seen this in 4.x before.

Anyone else seen this, and found a fix.

thanks

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 21 '13, 4:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anthony,

Is this happening on a Linux server?  Not being able to view graphical artifacts would indicate a problem with the Virtual Frame Buffer (Xvfb) application required when running on headless Linux/AIX systems.  If this was working at one time, it's possible you just need to restart the Xvfb application.  Otherwise, I'd check the converter.log or even the app server logs to see if there are any entries when attempting to render the diagram.  As you've said, you can still edit the diagram because edit mode loads the diagram in a client side plugin that does not rely on the converter to even be deployed.  Hope it helps,

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented May 21 '13, 6:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Ben - that may well be the problem. Will report back here if that fixes it (and if it does not :-)

Stef van Dijk commented May 22 '13, 9:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would also suggest looking more closely at what is causing the error when you edit. It's quite possible that the editor is "tolerating" the error and allowing you to continue whereas the converter is also encountering the error and failing to generate the image.

Anthony Kesterton commented May 23 '13, 5:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Stef - will check that too, 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.