It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manipulating the mime type of the Jazz Source Control property

Brian DePradine (1311) | asked May 15 '13, 12:05 p.m.
This question has two parts. Our project uses a number of python files with a *.py extension that are not recognized as text files by default. This means that they are associated with a mime type of application/unknown instead of the expected text/plain. This means that the diff editor won't work on these files because it thinks that they have binary content.

1)  Is there a way to search for files by their associated mime type so that I can find all files that might have this issue and change them?

2) Is there a way to configure RTC to recognize additional file extensions as text by default in order to prevent this problem from happening again? I am aware that individual developers can configure their RTC client to recognize additional file extensions, but I am hoping that there might be a way to configure this at the server level once and for all.

Brian

Accepted answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 15 '13, 12:57 p.m.
 Hi Brian,  I'm not sure of a way to accomplish item 1.  I do know that the following RFE exists for item 2. 
Brian DePradine selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 15 '13, 1:17 p.m.
edited May 15 '13, 1:25 p.m.
Hi Brian, I am not aware of a way how defining the mime types can be achieved at server side, but there are ways to export the settings of a workspace and let other users use the same while creating any new workspace. So someone has to do the hard work once for all.
I think you may consider this as a part of user education other than a limitation till the server side configuration possibility is known.
Just my 2 cents...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.