It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tracking updates to feature after review

Kate Robinson (1056) | asked May 14 '13, 6:35 p.m.
In RRC we create feature documents and create a review for each. Once the review is complete we set a status attribute on the feature to "Approved". The problem is there does not appear to be anyway to track if the feature document is edited after the review, is there any way to do this?

2 answers

permanent link
My-An Nguyen (2963) | answered May 15 '13, 5:04 p.m.

On the Project Dashboard, you can have a "Recent Changes" widget that will feature all recently modified artifacts.

You could also create a view in RRC that filters on all the feature documents, and then set the "Modified on" date to be "after" a certain Review date. If there are updates to the document, then it should show up in the view. You can also add that view to the Project Dashboard.

Comments
Kate Robinson commented May 23 '13, 3:29 a.m.

We already have a "Recent Changes" widget on the dashboard and although you can select to show just the changes to features, it shows changes to features in all states and there is no way to identify only changes to features in Approved state.

Creating a view in RRC that filters on all the feature documents, and then setting the "Modified on" date to be "after" a certain Review date would work if all the features were reviewed on the same date but all the features are reviewed on different dates and you can select only one exact date as far as I can see.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered May 17 '13, 9:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also depending upon on your version of RRC, after V4, suspect linking was added which can be setup to flag changes to artifacts based upon particular requirement types and attributes and view this in a saved grid view if the Suspicion column is added.

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/releases/4.0?p=news#suspect1

Note: Each user decides whether to set a suspicion profile for their browser where as the suggestions made by My-an Nguyen applies to any member of the project and is the simplest way to view changes.

Comments
Kate Robinson commented May 23 '13, 3:31 a.m.

I have read about suspicion profiles, these say they allow you to "specify what types of changes cause linked artifacts to be considered suspect" and it if you try to create one, you have to specify the link type and any specific artifact types and attributes to watch. I don't see how you can use suspicion profiles to monitor changes between a feature and a review as these do not have a link type relationship, they are related by "Where used". There doesn't appear to be any way to query things based on this type of relationship.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.