It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to save configured project dashboard to the process template ?

Abhi Raj (2157) | asked May 10 '13, 3:30 a.m.
I have configured project dashboard with multiple tabs and relevant widgets in them. Is there a simple way to save the configuration in the process template ? I would like to see same dashboards in any subsequent projects created from the process template.
Thanks,
Abhi

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered May 10 '13, 4:13 a.m.
You can open the project area in Eclipse client, go to Process Configuration->Configuration Data->Dashboards and set the dashboard templates layout there.
After you extract the process template, the configured dashboards will show up in any new projects created based on this template.

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented May 10 '13, 4:16 a.m.

I just tested it now and it seems to work

Abhi Raj commented May 16 '13, 6:49 a.m.

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for your reply.

But the challenge is to set the dashboard template. I guess one has to do the setup manually and that is lot of work. Also, different widget requires different params, memento values etc. Is there a document that gives all the information.
verall, I am looking for a way to set a dashboard and then capture the template of the same dashboard.

- abhi

Piotr Aniola commented May 16 '13, 7:13 a.m.

I am not sure if this is possible, at least I didn't manage to get it working. If I modify a dashboard in a project, then extract the template, the dashboard changes are not exported.
As far as I could tell, the changes need to be made in the template itself.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.