It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

deployment and cloning or maintanance of development workspaces

kavita herur (5876593) | asked May 06 '13, 6:22 a.m.

Hi All,

I have development tomcat server set up- 4.0.0.1 and our customised server extensions. Recently I installed server 4.0.1 ran jts and ccm upgrade scripts.

M y query is:

Do I need to copy my customised server extensions to 4.0.1 server location from 4.0.0.1 location?

No need to upgrade packages or will ccm/jts upgrade scripts take care?

In extension workshop its mentioned RTC eclipse client follow workspaces/Dev2/WS and workspaces/Dev1/WS

paths What is use of it.  

If I install new version of eclipse to support my packages and server Can I use the same workspace used for last client version.

Please provide complete deployment process and maintanance of  different versions.

Thanks,

Kavita

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered May 06 '13, 4:09 p.m.
My experience is that customizations such as added plugins don't get migrated at least for major upgrade (v > v+1).   Check the content of your provision_profiles directory of the new install vs the old.  Like as not the new location doesn't contain your initialization properties.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.