It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Server, WAS and LDAP (Active Directory) settings help

Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | asked Dec 06 '08, 8:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I've got a Jazz server setup (RQM actually) and deployed on WAS 6.1 on Windows 2003 Server. I've hooked up WAS to use Active directory as the User Account Repository, and mapped the JAZZ* groups to AD groups.

Now I'm trying to get the Jazz Server to use those same settings and gotten a bit lost:-) Here are my settings on WAS from the Secure administration, applications, and infrastructure > Standalone LDAP registry page:

Host: srvrfreddy
Port:389
BaseDN: DC=freddy,DC=com,DC=au
Bind DN:CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=freddy,DC=com,DC=au

and in the WAS Secure administration, applications, and infrastructure > Standalone LDAP registry > Advanced Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) user registry settings page, which it auto filled in:

User filter : (&(sAMAccountName=%v)(objectcategory=user))
Group Filter : (&(cn=%v)(objectcategory=group))
User ID map : user:sAMAccountName
Group ID map: *:cn
Group member ID map : memberof:member

The connection works fine, I can login to the Jazz Web as an AD user. Now how do I map the above to the (somewhat confusing) Jazz settings in
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/LDAP4Dummies didn't help much):

Base Group DN

Base User DN

Find Groups for User

Find Users by Any Name Query

Find Users by Name Query

Find Users by User Id Query

Group Member Property

Group Name Property

Jazz to LDAP Group Mapping

LDAP Registry Location
ldap://srvrfreddy:389

User Name
Administrator

User Property Names Mapping

Thanks heaps..
Freddy

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.