It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Children listed on links tab are displayed with strikethrough font

Michael Taylor (8865764) | asked May 02 '13, 8:47 a.m.

I recently created a new work item type.  I created new items of this type and linked them to a parent of another work item type.  The links tab lists the children with strikethrough text.  Why is the text displayed with strikethrough?  What can I do to change this?  Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered May 02 '13, 8:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 02 '13, 9:03 a.m.
strike through is for resolved (work items in closed state) work items.. verify the state of the work items and if the current state is one among the states mapped to Closed OSLC state group, you could expect the strike through.

Open PA in Eclipse Client > Process Configuration > Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Workflows > State Groups > Look at the value for "Category" and / or "OSLC Groups" of the State
Michael Taylor selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Taylor commented May 02 '13, 10:25 a.m.

Thank you.  I believe I should be able to map the state to an open group.  The reason why I mapped it to a closed group is that I didn't want anyone to have to go back in and close the work item later.  The type of work item I'm dealing with is unique in that it is updated once with information and then seldom needs to be touched again.  So I was trying to save time by just having the intial state be considered closed.  But the strikethrough isn't working for me.

If I associate the state to a non-closed state, will I have to come back in and mark the work item closed at some point?  What are the other implications?

Thanks, again!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.