It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Last Data Snapshot" in burndowns does not update after iteration ends

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked Apr 30 '13, 6:26 p.m.
I am trying to create a dashboard page showing the burndowns for each past sprint. Problem is the burndown is based solely on data changes occurring during the sprint, thus at the bottom of the report it says:

"Report Generated Apr 30..."
"Last Data Snapshot Mar 18..."

Well, that's all fine and dandy if the teams finished sprint closeout on the last day of the sprint (Mar 18). They didn't, so the burndown doesn't burn down all the way. How do I get new snapshots generated for old iterations so I can generate reports that reflect the current state of the data? Is it possible to force the final data point to reflect live data (like it does during the iteration) even though the iteration has ended?

2 answers

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered May 08 '13, 10:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@Mike It is not possible to use the live point for an Iteration which is not current i.e has ended.
If the work went past the last day of the iteration it will showup as remaining work.
This is how the report is designed.
You could open an Enhancement request to ask for a change to the current functionality.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Jul 01 '13, 2:51 p.m.
I'd like to re-awaken this thread by asking if there are ways to "trick" the system into updating that last data point after the sprint ends. Is there anything in RTC I can adjust to get that last data point to update past the sprint end? Can I edit the database directly and make a change that gets that last data point to update (such as changing the date something was removed from the sprint, if that's possible)?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.