It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Comparing 2 baselinse - were is it gone in V4.0.x

wolfgang steindl (2061011) | asked Apr 25 '13, 9:14 a.m.
edited Apr 25 '13, 9:17 a.m.
Hi,

When comparing 2 baselines in RTC V4 you were able to switch the view within the change explorer either to a "file based presentation" or to a "change set based presentation" (icons on the right side helped to achive this task).
Within V4.0.x I do not find this capability anymore. Where is it gone to?

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Apr 25 '13, 10:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Efficiently and safely review code changes with the new Change Summary view in Rational Team Concert Eclipse Client

The files view mode was refactored out into the Change Summary view where the processing is performed on the server. This was done so other clients can take advantage of the server processing to have a uniform display of the files vie mode. It was implemented in 4.0.1 for Eclipse and Visual Studio.

permanent link
wolfgang steindl (2061011) | answered Apr 26 '13, 4:06 a.m.
Hi Tim,

thx for your reply. It helped me to figure out the correct answer.

The final steps to do the same as in V4 are :

• compare 2 baselines or snapshots
  • the change explorer pane opens and shows all the resulting change sets
  • now you can select the relevant change set(s) (this is the improvement! in V4 all change sets were automatically selected. Now you can select them individually)
  • right mouse click -> open with -> change summary
  • now you get all files that make the difference (independently of the change set)
  • if you wanna see the more details you can add the details pane (demostrated in teh video)

Indeed this new capability is more flexible and powerful then it was in V4.  GREAT! I really can recommend watching the video as it helps to understand the Change summary pane + the details pane.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.