It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the list of Roles for particular Team area and then the list of users with a particular role using java script in RTC

Olga M (827) | asked Aug 16 '15, 7:16 a.m.
edited Aug 16 '15, 7:24 a.m.
How  can  I get  the  list of Roles  for particular Team area and  then the  list  of users with a particular role  using java script  in  RTC.
I  found that  it  is  impossible  in  RTC  4.0  ,  I  am working  with  RTC 5.0.2 is it  possible there  ? 
Thank in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (60.9k33643) | answered Aug 16 '15, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, it is not possible to access that data with JavaScript in an attribute customization.
You can only do this in Java based providers. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Olga M (827) | answered Aug 18 '15, 3:56 a.m.
Thanks  a  lot , Ralph!

permanent link
Olga M (827) | answered Sep 03 '15, 8:45 a.m.
Hello  Ralph . 
I  have  some another  issue  . 
I  should to  calculate  the  Owner field .
I  have developed  the  calculated  value  that  returns Creator  as  icontributor .
I  can  see my Calculated Value on  field  definition  on  drop  down of  Calculate value  for  attributes that have  been  defined as  contributors . 
I   define  the  dependency from  Filed Against  attribute . 
When  I  set my Calculated  value  to  custom contributor attribute  it  gets  the name  of  creator  by  the  moment  the   Filed Against  attribute has  been  changed ,  but after  the  save process  the  value  of  the custom  contributor  attribute  becomes to  be  Unidentified . 
If  I set my Calculated  value  to Owned By  attribute  with the same dependency  it  also  gets  the right  value  before  saving  , but  on  save  process  I  get  the next error :  "Error running operation 'Saving Work Item'

java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException"

Please  advice .

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 03 '15, 8:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The support for all kinds of complex items such as

• Contributor
  • TeamArea
  • ProjectArea

and may others is very limited - what is supported is stated in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#API_for_Javascript.

The only way to set these types of attributes is to return the UUID.

Next time if you have an additional question, create a new question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.