It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to publish a link to another build result

Kevin Lou (312125) | asked Apr 12 '13, 3:18 p.m.
 I am trying to design a special "build" that is to copy the build artifacts of another build to a specified location (I am able to locate the build artifacts on the build server with the name of the build definition and the build label). I can also get the buildResultUUID of that build by retrieving the information from build.properties in the same folder. However, I can't figure out how to put a link on the (new) build result so when I click it, it bring me to the (old) build result. This way I am easy to make them connected. 

So, my question is, is there a way in the build result to publish a link to another build result? If so, how to do it? (I know I can generate a URL but I prefer to have a link for the RTC Client)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Apr 13 '13, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use the linkPublisher Ant task to publish a link with URL:  https://RTC_HOST:PORT/ccm/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.team.build.BuildResult/BUILD_RESULT_ITEM_ID

Kevin Lou selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Lou commented Apr 16 '13, 11:41 a.m.

Will this open the build result in the (embedded) browser? Is there a way to just open it in the RTC client - like when I double click the build result from the list)? 

Kevin Lou commented Apr 17 '13, 9:03 a.m.

Never mind, I have verified that it does open the build results within RTC client. Thanks a lot!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.