It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC4:how to generate PDF or word report for work item details

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Apr 09 '13, 6:21 a.m.
 Hello

It seems that I can only generate csv file for work item attributes listed in a query. How could I generate a decent report in PDF or word with everything inside a work item from all its tabs and sections? 

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Apr 09 '13, 6:44 a.m.
Hi Frank,
I found two options:
1. You can create/reuse the report displaying work items you would like to see. You are able to export report to pdf or word
2. You have an option in web ui "Show results in printable format". Then you can try printing that page to pdf.

Comments
Frank Ning commented Apr 09 '13, 8:31 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for your response.

I was aware of option 2. As to Option 1, more details? How do you create report for work items in pdf or word format which will include details from all tabs and sections?

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Apr 10 '13, 6:12 a.m.
Hi Frank,
there is great Youtube video explaining it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgkJs6Mk2IE
try this.

best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Comments
Frank Ning commented Apr 10 '13, 6:49 a.m.

Thanks. But that is not what I asked or expected. I asked a way to generate report about everything of a work item without manually specify attributes etc. I also need to include comments.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.