It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Handling of folders in plans (RTC 4.0)

Tobias Johansson (1133) | asked Nov 21 '12, 4:24 a.m.
Hi!

In a plan when setting the "Folder Groups" view I have two default folders, "Top Items" and "Defects & Enhancements". 
Questions: 
1. When I change these names and add more folders. How can I find out which folder corresponds to the original ones?
2. Is it possible to find out what behavior address where a new WI ends up?
3. Is it possible to change this behavior. I.e. all WI should end up in "Top Items" folder by default.

BR
Tobias

Comments
Tobias Johansson commented Nov 26 '12, 7:15 a.m. | edited Mar 15 '13, 6:58 a.m.

4. Refresh button seems not to work sometimes (in eclipse environment). I have to close the tab and reopen it again, is this a known issue?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 15 '13, 7:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is some description to folders. This apparently only works in Eclipse, at least adding folders. Folders are also private to a plan. See https://jazz.net/library/article/197/ for some information about what you can do with folders.

permanent link
Christian Winkler (1321623) | answered May 08 '19, 8:48 a.m.
edited May 08 '19, 8:49 a.m.
Hi!
Sorry to post to this old question, but
I was searching for handling of folders in plans.
I found: folders can be adjusted in Eclipse.
In Eclipse, plans are no longer in Eclipse style (starting from version 6.x.x), but they open an embedded brower view to see the WebUI of plan.
To summarize: Folders can be used in plans, but it is not possible to change existing or addnew folders.
Correct?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 08 '19, 10:40 a.m. | edited May 08 '19, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As mentioned in my answer above, I am not able to find a way to create folders in the Web UI. It was possible to create folders in plans in the Eclipse client. The Eclipse client no longer supports plan views, so unless you find a way to create folders, you can't.

There is still an option to group by folder in the Plan UI, but unless you find a way to create such a folder this would only work with old plans.

Summary: I think currently folders in plans can not be created. You can create a defect or enhancement request.  

permanent link
Zoltan Borbas (11) | answered Oct 25 '21, 10:21 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

I don't understand the EWM Plan Grouping --> Folder. There are some folders existing but we don't know where they are coming from (and how they are created). Above there is a clue telling us that Folders might be a fragment from and older JAZZ version.

Bild">https://teams.microsoft.com/8415dd35-5ed0-43af-b498-81298bfa1760">

Your answer above refers to RTC 2.0 Planning, where a menu is mentioned to setup Team Folders. But this menu we can not find in our RTC version 7.0.0 at all.

Where can we find these?

Thank you in advance!

Zoltán Borbás

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.