It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Keeping the jazz server startup? How?

Cherifa Mansoura (13389) | asked Apr 01 '13, 3:00 a.m.
Have less than 10 users accessing locally ( from their local machine) rm application and need to make sure the server  is not shut. How to ensure that?

One answer

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Apr 01 '13, 3:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Cherifa

I am not sure I understand the nature of this issue, are you saying that the server is shutting down for a user load of 10 users? Could you please confirm if the server has been setup using the specifications mentioned in:
System Requirements for the Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0.1 and 4.0.2
In case you just want to check if the server has been running, you could just get on to the URL:
https://[Your_server_name]:[port#]/jts/admin and browse to the Server tab, and you would get details of the Server uptime.

In case there is a server outage issue, I would recommend you contact support for further investigation.

Comments
Cherifa Mansoura commented Apr 01 '13, 4:49 a.m. | edited Apr 01 '13, 12:25 p.m.

Hi Krishna
I was more talkingĀ  to a user accessing normally the server and there is a server outage or someone shut it down. Do they have to contact the server admin to start it again..or what? If a user is a jazzadmin, can they do start up of the server from their local machine?
Thanks

KrishnaKanth Naik commented Apr 01 '13, 5:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you for the clarification Cherifa.

Starting and stopping of the JTS server is not provided on remote machines via webclients. If you were using WAS for this deployment, and if a user had WAS admin rights, he could logon to WAS admin console and stop and start the deployments.

However, usually when the users are not able to access jts - it is commonly reported that the WAS Admin console is also not accessible, so this is not a viable option either..

So the only option is to reach out to the admins to restart the tomcat/WAS profile.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.