It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error 'key is already set for type "stringExtensions"' when updating a multi select field

Alexander Gavrin (122) | asked Mar 27 '13, 8:04 a.m.
I added an Enumeration List field in RTC 4.0.0.1 project. However, some of RTC clients were still 3.x and it happened that work items created by that client do not allow to update that field values. It returns the following error: << key is already set for type "stringExtensions" >> and does not allow to save. We do not know how to get around this problem, as the old 3.x clients do not see the field, but the new clients (4.0.0.1) cannot save the work item when the field value is updated. Any advice?

Appreciate your help.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Mar 27 '13, 9:06 a.m.
Regarding <<key is already set for type "stringExtensions">> I have seen that someone else had the same issue https://jazz.net/forum/questions/83961/rtc40-store-enumeration-in-database-how-does-that-work. I have never seen about this error. You'll want to work with Rational Support on that.

To work around the issue - do you see that field in web ui?

Comments
Alexander Gavrin commented Mar 27 '13, 9:13 a.m.

Thanks Krzysztof, I already noted that question in the comment to the topic you referenced, but there was no good answer, so I thought maybe I can submit this as a separate topic before going to Rational support. Anyway, answering your question - yes, I can see that field in the Web UI, however, it does not allow me to save the work item neither - giving the same error. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.